Continuing Undergraduate Student

Steps for Successful Enrollment

Things to do

Students who have previously attended Walla Walla University, and were enrolled the preceding quarter (excluding summer quarter) are considered continuing students.

Continuing students do not need to reapply for admission.

Continuing students must reapply for financial aid once each academic year.

Step 1: Apply for financial aid

For questions about financial aid call (800) 656-2315 or email

Submit a FAFSA form

The Free Application for Federal Student aid, or FAFSA, is a federal aid form for grants and loans. Use the school code for Walla Walla University: 003799. To sign the form electronically, set up your Federal Student Aid ID (FSA ID). This step is open to all U.S. citizens, permanent residents and residents of U.S. territories.

Complete the verification process (if required)

The government selects about 30 percent of FAFSA applications for verification. You will be required to submit documentation (such as signed tax papers, W2 forms, and a verification worksheet)

Submit a WWU Financial Aid Application

Complete the WWU financial aid application. Your myWWU account and password will be required.

WWU offers financial aid separate from federal programs. Canadian students are welcome to submit this application as well; WWU offers some financial aid to Canadian students.

Review your financial aid award packet from WWU

Once you have completed the above, you will receive a financial aid packet from WWU which shows your complete aid (loans, grants, work study, etc.) and your payment plan. Review your plan with a financial aid counselor. If there are extenuating circumstances in your family finances that are not reflected on the FAFSA, please call a financial aid counselor.

You must be accepted to WWU before a financial aid award packet can be sent to you.

Complete the paperwork to accept your student loans

You will be notified to complete the promissory notes and entrance interviews for your student loans.

International Students

International and Canadian students do not need to fill out the FAFSA.

Step 2: Arrange for housing

Walla Walla University is committed to providing an environment where students live and dine together to encourage community and foster a positive outcome associated with student learning. The Residential Life and Housing Team is ready to help you.

Students are required to live in a residence hall until they meet certain eligibility requirements. Once you have paid your enrollment fee, a Housing Arrangements checklist item will show up on your myWWU "To Do List". The Housing Arrangements checklist item will be removed after you complete one of the following: a housing application (living in a residence hall), approval to live off campus (living in village housing) or verification of local residence (living at home).

Living in a residence hall

Students planning to live in a residence hall must submit a Residence Hall Housing Application in the Abode HMS housing system (sign-in to myWWU is required).

For questions about women's residence hall housing call (509) 527-2531. or email

For questions about men's residence hall housing call (509) 527-2111, or email

Living in village housing

To live outside of the residence halls (also known as living in village housing), students must meet certain eligibility requirements or receive approval from the Director of Residential Life and Housing. After verifying your eligibility or receiving approval, you must submit a Village Housing Application.

For questions about off-campus housing options call (509) 527-2109 or email

Living at home

Students planning to live at home should email and indicate your housing plans.

For questions about living off campus (including living at home) call (509) 527‑2539, or email

Step 3: Enroll in classes

For questions about enrolling in classes call the office of Academic Advisement at (800) 558-2132 or (509) 527-2132 or email

If you are a freshman and met with an academic advisor at your high school or academy, then you may already be enrolled in classes. If so, you can view your class schedule on myWWU.

After logging into myWWU use the "Enter Student Center" drop-down menu to select either "HighPoint Dashboard" or "PeopleSoft Student Center Classic". (HighPoint is better suited for use on mobile devices.)

If you still need to enroll in classes or need to change a class, contact the office of Academic Advisement.

After July 1

Step 4: Submit health information

For questions about health information, call (509)-527-2425 or email

Submit your health record form

New students must submit a health record form (sign-in required).

Indicate health insurance preference

Undergraduate students taking more than six units must be covered by a qualified health insurance plan. Students are automatically enrolled in, and charged for, the university Student Health Insurance Plan 2014-2015, unless they submit an insurance waiver.

For graduate students, the health insurance plan is available but not required.

Canadian and other international students are required to purchase the student health insurance. For more details refer to the WWU Financial Bulletin.

Submit recent physical exam

Ask your health care provider to send a copy of your recent physical exam to the address below. The exam must have been performed within 16 months of your first day of classes at WWU.

If you have not completed this item before arriving on campus, contact the Campus Health and Wellness office to make an appointment for a physical exam.

Fill out the TB screening form

New students must fill out a tuberculosis (TB) screening form.

Address and Fax number

Campus Health and Wellness
133 S. College Ave, Suite 101
College Place, WA 99324

Fax: (509) 527-2426

After Mid-August

Step 5: Get financial clearance

For questions about financial clearance call (800) 656-2815 or email

Complete your financial clearance to-do items

You can view your to-do items in either myWWU / Student Center or myWWU / HighPoint.

Complete any remaining items such as loan promissory notes, loan entrance interview or other financial aid forms.

Financial clearance for fall quarter normally opens in mid-August. Watch for an email notification about the date for an opening of financial clearance.

Financial clearance can be done online through myWWU / HighPoint after you have completed your financial clearance holds. Use the Financial Clearance menu option in myWWU.

After Arriving on Campus

Step 6: On campus items

Finish your holds and to-do items

You can review your holds and to-do items in either myWWU / Student Center or myWWU / HighPoint. Student Center has more features while HighPoint is more mobile friendly.

Make final housing arrangements

Make your final housing arrangements with your residence hall or with Village Housing. See Step 5 for more information.

Attend JumpStart sessions

If your first quarter of attendance is in the summer or fall, attend JumpStart sessions during the week before classes start in the fall.

If required, get clearance from Academic Administration

Students who were admitted provisionally and returning students who are academic probation from their previous quarter require clearance from Academic Administration. Make an appointment with the Office of the Associate Academic Dean at (509) 527-2395.

Office of the Associate Vice President for Academic Administration
Administration Building, Room 336
204 S College Ave
College Place, WA 99324

See your academic advisor

Refer to your individual JumpStart schedule for the date and time of your appointment with your academic advisor.

You must meet with your academic adviser in order to complete the registration process.

Get your ID card

Get your ID card at the location and time mentioned in your JumpStart schedule. Your ID card will be activated for charging when you complete Registration Finalization — also known as Jumping Einstein.

Finalize your registration

In myWWU / HighPoint select Registration Finalization in the Enrollment menu to start the registration finalization process.

See Jumping Einstein

You know you are finished when you see the graphic of Jumping Einstein™. Once you have seen Jumping Einstein, it takes about 60 mintues for your ID card to be activated for charging at The Express and the University Bookstore.

Register your vehicle

After you are on campus and have received registration finalization for the term, register your vehicle with Campus Security.

Purchase your books

After you have seen Jumping Einstein, purchase your books at the University Bookstore. Use the "View (Term) Textbooks" link in myWWU/Student Center; the system will automatically populate the page with the textbooks that you need for the classes in which you are enrolled.

New students have a special time reserved for them to purchase textbooks from the University Bookstore during the week of JumpStart on “New Student Night”. Watch for announcements of the particular date.

Review the syllabus for each of your classes

Before the first day of classes, review the course syllabus for each of your classes. The course syllabus and homework information is available on Desire2Learn (D2L).

Attend the Welcome Back Bash

The Welcome Back Bash occurs on the Sunday evening before fall quarter classes start. You may check out all the various clubs and sign up online. You must have seen Jumping Einstein before you can sign up for clubs.