Transfer Undergraduate Requirements

Students who have received post-secondary credit from another institution after the summer of their high school graduation.

Minimum requirements for admission include:

  • A grade-point average of 2.0*.
  • Graduation and official transcript from an accredited secondary school or the completion of the GED exam**. Transfer students who have junior or senior status are not required to supply WWU with an official high school transcript.
  • A student who transfers to Walla Walla University with 30 or more transferable quarter hours will not be required to write the ACT or SAT exam.
  • Official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended.
  • One satisfactory personal reference.

Accredited Colleges

Applicants who have attended North American accredited institutions of higher education and who have official transcripts showing a minimum grade-point average of 2.0 on all course work taken may be admitted at a level determined by the number of credits transferred.

Non-Accredited Colleges

Students transferring from non-accredited institutions may be required to take validating examinations should they wish credit to be transferred to Walla Walla University.

Community Colleges

A minimum of 96 of the 192 quarter hours required for graduation must be taken at a four-year accredited college or university.

Senior Transfer Students

Transfer students with senior standing are required to be in residence three consecutive quarters and complete a minimum of 36 quarter hours (including nine quarter hours of upper-division work in the major and three upper-division quarter hours in the minor) and meet all degree requirements. See minimum residency requirements section of this bulletin.

Engineering Transfer Students

Students enrolled in the Edward F. Cross School of Engineering affiliation program will be allowed to graduate under any official Walla Walla University bulletin dated not more than three academic years prior to their first year on this campus. Students who withdraw from engineering studies for a continuous period of one year or more will forfeit the right to graduate under bulletins which were current prior to their withdrawal.

Engineering transfer students applying for admission to Walla Walla University mustsupply a letter of recommendation from one of their engineering professors at their most recent educational institution attended. Recommendation forms may be submitted online.

Nursing Transfer Students

All School of Nursing transfer students, for either the Portland or College Place campus, please refer to this link for application details.

*Transcripts from the island territories of Federated States of Micronesia, American Samoa, Palau, and Puerto Rico need to have a grade-point average of 3.30 or higher.

**A total score of 640 or higher is required for admission by GED test with each of the four subject matter tests having a score of 150 or higher.